Research Institute for the Environment, Energy and Economics (RIEEE) Student Research Grants
The Research Institute for the Environment, Energy and Economics (RIEEE) at ASU is making three (3) research grants available for up to $500 to students who are conducting research pertaining to the environment, energy or economics. Research projects can be proposed by a single student or collaborative teams of more than one student. Collaborative project descriptions should explain what each team member will be contributing and why they are seeking to work collaboratively. These grants can be used for research supplies and research related expenses but not travel to present results at a meeting. Only undergraduate students enrolled at any time during the academic year are eligible.
Grant winners will be published on the RIEEE website and may be asked to present their research at future conferences.
The RIEEE grant applications will also be reviewed for funding consideration by the Small Business Technology and Development Center (SBTDC) and Watauga County Economic Development (WCED).
- Have your faculty advisor complete the Online Faculty Recommendation Form OR have your faculty advisor complete a hard copy of the Faculty Recommendation Form (PDF), sign it and mail it to: Kathy Weaver Stevens, Office of Student Research, Suite 251 Plemmons Student Union, ASU Box 32149, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC 28608.
- Submit the Appalachian State University RIEEE Grant Applicaton Form. The deadline for applications was Friday, October 4, 2013.
All RIEEE Grants have been awarded from the October 4, 2013 deadline cycle.
- All Research Grants must be completely expended by May 31st in the year in which they are awarded.
- Students MUST meet with their departmental administrative assistant and faculty mentor before any money is spent. All ASU Policies and Procedures must be adhered to when spending down Research Grant monies. Any non-approved expenditures will be the sole responsibility of the student.
- Original receipts or invoices will be required for reimbursement.
- Receipts must be not be more than thirty days old.
At the completion of the research, grantees will be asked to submit a Final Report explaining how the award was used and to acknowledge support from the respective funds in any publications resulting from the research.