Undergraduate Research Mentorship Excellence Award for Faculty
The Office of Student Research invites nominations for the first Undergraduate Research Mentor of the Year Award. This award recognizes faculty members who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to mentoring undergraduate researchers as well as supporting and promoting the undergraduate research initiatives on campus.
The recipient will be selected in April and honored at the Annual Celebration of Research and Creative Endeavors in April.
- Faculty members from all colleges and disciplines
- Lecturers, Senior Lecturers, and tenure track Faculty
- Been on campus for at least 3 years prior to the nomination
Criteria include but are not limited to:
- Proven consistent track record of high quality mentoring provided to students over the course of several years
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate research in encouraging and supporting research of their students at regional and national meetings as well as the Annual Celebration of Research and Creative Endeavors on campus
- Active in publishing in peer reviewed journals with undergraduates as the co-authors
- Applied for and/or earned grants to support research/creative endeavors being done with undergraduate students
- Viewed as a role model in their respective field of study
Undergraduate students currently enrolled on campus who have worked with the faculty mentor for at least one semester or summer can submit the Office of Student Research Undergraduate Research Mentorship Excellence Award for Faculty Nomination. After this nomination form is submitted from the student, the faculty mentor nominated and the department chair will be notified to complete supporting material for the nomination process. The deadline for the student nominations was Wednesday, March 29, 2017. The nominated faculty and department chairs may complete their supporting material until the deadline on Thursday, April 6, 2017.