Undergraduate Research Mentorship Excellence Award for Faculty
The Office of Student Research invites nominations for the first Undergraduate Research Mentor of the Year Award. This award recognizes faculty members who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to mentoring undergraduate researchers as well as supporting and promoting the undergraduate research initiatives on campus.
The recipient will be selected in April and honored at the Annual Celebration of Student Research and Creative Endeavors Meeting that same month.
- Faculty members from all colleges and disciplines
- Lecturers, Senior Lecturers, and tenure track Faculty
- Been on campus for at least 3 years prior to the nomination
Criteria include but are not limited to:
- Proven consistent track record of high quality mentoring provided to undergraduate students over the course of several years
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate research in encouraging and supporting research of their students at regional and national meetings as well as the Annual Celebration of Student Research and Creative Endeavors on campus
- Active in publishing in peer reviewed journals with undergraduates as the co-authors
- Applied for and/or earned grants to support research/creative endeavors being done with undergraduate students
- Viewed as a role model in their respective field of study
Undergraduate students currently enrolled on campus who have worked with the faculty mentor for at least one semester or summer can submit the Office of Student Research Undergraduate Mentorship Excellence Award for Faculty Nomination Form. After this nomination form is submitted from the student, the faculty mentor nominated will be notified to complete supporting material for the nomination process. The deadline for student nominations is Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm. The deadline for faculty responses will be posted by mid-March.